The only thing I take more seriously than my keyboards is my coffee. I've been tinkering with my recipe for a while now, but I'm really very happy with the current iteration. Here's exactly how I make my morning coffee.
- Grind up roughly ¾ cup of 49th Parallel Epic Espresso using a Krups Fast Touch Coffee Grinder (Black).
- Filter some water using a Brita
Riviera water filter.
- Place the grounds into an IKEA KAFFE french press, and fill it with filtered water. Depress the plunger to make sure the grounds are soaked with water, then remove the plunger and cover with tinfoil.
- Put the water into the refridgerator for between 12 and 24
hours. (More time produces stronger coffee, but after 24 hours it
starts to get unpleasantly bitter, and after 72 it's
- Put the plunger back in, and filter the espresso concentrate. Decant it into another container. (This concentrate will last for a week or two.)
- To serve, mix 1 part concentrate with 3 parts Stonyfield Farm Organic Milk and 1 teaspoon of Butternut Mountain Farm Pure Vermont Maple Syrup.